Highland Park

1879

The reservoir at the top of Hiland Avenue (now "Highland Park Reservoir No. 1" and "Highland Avenue") began operation.

General:

1868

The City of Pittsburgh annexed areas including those we now know as "Highland Park" and "East Liberty".

General:

1837

The Negleys' land holdings were subdivided by county surveyor Robert Hiland. He gave his own name to Hiland Avenue (now "Highland Avenue").

General:

1819

The Farmhouse near present-day Heberton Street at Grafton Street was probably built around this time.

General:

1778

Alexander Negley and his family settled in the areas we now know as "Highland Park" and "East Liberty". The Negleys called their land "Fertile Bottom".

General:

21st Century

This is a placeholder for the history text about the 21st century in Highland Park

General:

20th Century

This is a placeholder for the history text about the 20th century in Highland Park

General:

19th Century

This is a placeholder for the history text about the 19th century in Highland Park

General:

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Highland Park